Dubai is undoubtedly a Shopaholic’s paradise.
Shopping lovers from far and wide visit this city. Their primary goal: to shop-till-they-drop but Dubai has a lot more to offer.
Dubai is slowly becoming a favorite tourist destination.
Dubai is famous for its shopping districts called Souks. Tourists flock to the modern malls as well as the souks to meet their shopping needs. The best part about Dubai is perhaps that friendly negotiation over prices is available almost everywhere so you can get some really good bargains too.
Shopping aside, the most exciting part of Dubai is the several new additions to the Dubai skyline. The Burj Khalifa which is the tallest man-made structure in the world is most definitely a sight to see. Visiting The Burj Al Arab; the fourth tallest Hotel in the world is a once in a lifetime experience too. To add to this you can also see the biggest natural flower gardens as well as man-made islands along with some spectacular shopping malls. In short, Dubai will exceed your travel expectations.
However, a word of caution: It is important to be well-aware of the culture of the Middle East before you visit. Be extra vigilant and follow some rules and you will have the shopping experience that is incomparable to any other in the world!
When planning a trip to Dubai, Always remember that you are going to be in a country with a different culture. The belief-systems differ greatly. It is important to follow certain rules and respect the values. Moreover, the laws are extremely strict so make sure that you do not get into trouble due to the failure to follow them.
Dos in Dubai
• Wear a comfortable pair of shoes. The sprawling Malls and shopping festival generate the need for a good pair of shoes as you may need to walk long distances. You might not think you will get tiered of shopping but it is easy to do so!
• Be dressed modestly on the streets of Dubai. Tight, transparent or skinny clothes are not to be worn.
• Avoid Public displays of Affection. In Dubai kissing, hugging, touching in public is considered inappropriate. It is advisable to completely avoid it as you may offend someone’s sensibilities. Be extremely careful.
• Smoking is allowed only in designated smoking areas. You cannot smoke in public places like malls
Don’ts in Dubai
• Don’t click photographs without legal permission; especially photographs of people.
• Don’t let your vacation dates coincide with the festival of Ramadan as laws and rules are very strict during this time. A woman was once arrested for drinking juice in public during the month of Ramadan so it is better to be careful.
• Don’t use any kind of drugs, firearms or pornographic material. If you are caught you will be jailed
• Don’t drink while driving in Dubai. Being drunk in Public is strictly prohibited.
• Don’t use any swear words or rude gestures in public.
• Don’t reveal too much; clothing-wise. Both men and women should make sure that their knees, thighs, shoulders are covered in crowds
• Don’t use road shoulders to take rest or use mobile phones on Dubai roads.
• Don’t dance in public. It is considered to be offensive and indecent.
• Don’t openly stare or disturb any Muslim during his/her prayers.